Tooth loss is becoming more and more common in adults. In fact, nearly 69% of adults are missing at least one of their permanent teeth. Due to the prevalence of tooth loss, it’s no wonder there are so many options available when it comes to replacements. At The Dental Lounge, we remind our patients that replacing missing teeth is critical for keeping the rest of your teeth aligned.
Two of the more popular replacement methods are dental implants and bridges. If you are on the fence about whether you want to request a dental implant vs. bridge, having a little more information may be helpful. Remember that we will advise and guide you throughout the process!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution that involves surgically attaching a titanium post to the jaw. The post will act the same as the root of a natural tooth. An artificial tooth is created which attaches to the post after healing from the surgery. The result of dental implants is completely natural with virtually no equipment in your mouth at the end for a beautiful, realistic, hassle free smile.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are long lasting when properly cared for. Most can last for over 20 years.
- The results of dental implants are very natural looking with no chance of moving around or slipping.
- Dental implants can actually improve bone health. Because the post is surgically attached, the jaw bone gets stimulated in the same way it would with a natural tooth.
- Implants are easy to care for (essentially the same process as natural teeth)
What Is A Bridge?
Bridges are false teeth that replace your missing ones. They are typically made from either porcelain or zirconia and are held in place by your natural teeth surrounding the missing ones. Bridges can cover multiple teeth or just one if necessary and are made to match your existing teeth.
Advantages Of Bridges
- One of the biggest advantages of bridges is that there is no invasive surgery required. There is no requirement for bone density or possibility of needing bone grafts.
- Usually, a bridge can be made in just two consultations with your dentist.
- There is no time needed for healing, you’re good to go once you have your bridges.
- Dental bridges can look very natural. They are shaped and colored to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, you need not worry that your false teeth will look false at all.
- usually lower upfront cost than dental implants
- usually requires only two visits to your dentist spread over a couple of weeks
Interested In Dental Implants Or Bridges? Pay A Visit To The Dental Lounge
So you’re ready to transform your smile with dental implants or bridges? The Dental Lounge is a premium, one-stop for any and all of your dental needs. Our capable staff are the best in their fields, there are no better hands in which to trust your precious smile. With a commitment to oral health and a patient care experience that is nothing short of luxurious, you’ll find yourself looking forward to your dentist visits!
If you’re still unsure about whether to go for a dental implant vs. bridge, get in touch! We would love to set up a consultation to discuss the best option for you. You are welcome to give us a call at (954) 686 5729, or fill out our convenient online form.