A dazzling smile can truly light up a room. For many, however, small perceived imperfections or staining can be a drain on their self-esteem. There are many ways to improve the appearance of the teeth, from simple whitening to getting a set of veneers.
At The Dental Lounge, we know just how to put a smile back on your face. With many cosmetic dentistry options available with a natural, complementary smile as the end result, we guarantee to help you find an option that will transform your smile and give you a huge boost of self-confidence. Veneers are a good option for anyone looking for noticeable corrective or aesthetic results in a short period of time.
What Are Veneers?
In essence, veneers are thin little shells that are made to mimic the appearance of real teeth which are placed over the natural teeth to cover them. Dental veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of one’s smile and correct teeth which are chipped or broken, discolored, misshapen, too small or otherwise imperfect.
Veneers can be applied to a single tooth to correct a small flaw or applied to all of the teeth for a full smile transformation. Often, people see wonderful results with just eight or so veneers on the top front teeth, creating a full, even smile without the need for a full mouth of veneers.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Veneers can be a long-lasting solution if applied properly and well cared for after application. Of course, no two cases are ever the same, but a good set of dental veneers with proper care can last anywhere between ten and thirty years! The key to long-lasting veneers is to take reasonable precautions and to look after them as instructed by your dentist. While strong, veneers are not indestructible.
You should avoid activities like opening bottles with your teeth, chewing on anything hard (such as ice or metal) or biting your fingernails. If you are prone to grinding at night, speak to your dentist about a night guard to protect your veneers. Ask your dentist to advise you on the best oral hygiene routine to follow to look after your veneers, including what toothbrush and toothpaste are best to use.
What Is The Process Of Placing Dental Veneers?
Veneers are typically applied over two sessions. The first session usually involves the teeth preparations and impressions. The second session will have the application done.
- For veneers to be applied, whether one or a full set, there is some prep work to be done. First, the natural teeth are shaved down, sometimes past the enamel, and shaped so as to ensure that the final result is not too thick once the veneer is applied.
- Next, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth in order for the veneers to be made and fit perfectly. Sometimes, at this point, temporary veneers will be fitted until the final ones are ready.
- The final veneers are then made, matching your teeth shade to look as natural as possible.
- Once the final veneers are ready, your dentist will evaluate the fit, shape and color to make sure everything is correct.
- Before the veneers are finally attached, the teeth are thoroughly cleaned to prevent any bacteria being trapped between the veneer and the tooth.
- The veneer is finally bonded using dental cement and a UV light to harden the cement quickly.
Types Of Veneers
There are two main types of veneers: porcelain veneers and composite veneers.
Composite veneers are typically made from resin and can be made and applied directly to the tooth in one session. They are usually not as strong or durable as traditional porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are the more traditional type of veneer. They are, as the name suggests, made from ceramic or porcelain. Porcelain veneers are durable, long-lasting and generally the more reliable choice of veneer.
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
The cost of veneers can vary depending on where you live, the rates of your dentist and, of course, the number of veneers to be done. In Florida, veneers can cost as much as $2,300 per tooth. The Dental Lounge offers easy payment plans with 0% interest, helping you achieve the smile of your dreams.
What Are The Benefits Of Veneers?
One of the reasons for dental veneers being so popular is that they look great while having many benefits.
- Veneers are minimally invasive and the procedure for getting them done is relatively simple.
- They can easily and quickly improve the appearance of cracked, broken, misshapen and discolored teeth.
- Dental veneers look completely natural, so there is no risk of anyone thinking you have false teeth.
- Veneers are permanent and durable. Though you may have the odd problem or breakage, this is typically a quick and simple fix with your dentist.
- Veneer maintenance is usually very straightforward. Your dentist will best advise you on the correct oral hygiene routine to follow.
- Veneers can help protect your teeth and prevent further enamel loss.
- Using veneers in a full smile transformation can boost self-esteem and allow you to show off your pearly whites with confidence.
Ready To Improve Your Smile With Veneers? Call In To The Dental Lounge!
The Dental Lounge is your one-stop for any and all of your dental care needs. We have a professional team of talented, empathetic staff who stop at no length to deliver top quality service. We offer a wide range of dentistry services, from routine checkups to veneers.
In fact, we even have our own on-site ceramist who will ensure the best quality, natural looking veneers possible. We expect each of our patients to demand nothing but the best when it comes to patient care and quality work and we endeavor to exceed expectations every time.
We are perhaps most proud of our smile makeovers, transforming lives along with appearances. Don’t wait another minute to contact us, you are welcome to give us a call at (954) 686 5729, or fill out our convenient online form. Getting in touch is the first step to be taken if you are ready to transform your smile, we can’t wait to hear from you and make that dream a reality.